What is Heliocare?
- Vegan; Dietary Supplement
- Clinically proven extract from the Polypodium leucotomos fern, found in Central and South America
- Originally an aquatic plant, adapted to life on land and created protection for itself from the harsh free radicals in the environment
History of the discovery:
In 1999, the antioxidant and photo-protective properties of Polypodium leucotomos extract were discovered. Studies found when used topically, the extract significantly reduced sunburn response, histologic evidence of photo-aging damage, and reduction of dermal elastosis. The study also found a reduction in development of skin tumors with the use of the extract.
What are the Benefits of the extract?
- Polypodium leucotomos extracts have been used to treat psoriasis in South America and Spain
- Clinic evidence also suggests it is also beneficial for treatment of various skin disorders/ conditions
- Contains a large amount of antioxidants
What is the extract composed of?
- Chlorogenic acid
- Coumaric acid
- Vanillic acid
- Caddeic and Ferulic acid - most potent inhibitors of oxidation in vitro
How does it work?
- The extract utilizes multiple mechanisms in providing photo-protection and therapeutic activity including:
- Reduction of UV-induced cell damage
- Reduction of oxidative stress and DNA damage
- Blockage of UV radiation-induced immune suppression
- Inhibition of the release of UV-induced levels of cyclooxygenase-2 and inflammatory cytokines
How do you use it?
- Take 240mg (one tablet) every morning
- Take at least 2 hours before sun exposure
Other beneficial uses:
- Heliocare provides an advanced formula containing Vitamin B3, which helps prevent squamos cell carcinoma. Those with history of skin cancer are recommended to take the advanced formula.
- Heliocare Ultra is another formula made with pomegranate which provides Vitamin C. This provides the formula with more antioxidants and helps keep the skin healthy from other harsh radicals in the environment.
What is the best part you ask?
It will not wash off by swimming, sweating, or other activities like topical sunscreens!