Sculptra is an FDA-approved poly-L-lactic acid (PLLC) cosmetic injection. It is used to enhance volume and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Sculptra is different from other dermal filler because it works by stimulating the body’s natural collagen production over time. Collagen is a protein that provides structure and support to the skin, giving it a youthful and plump appearance. As we age, collagen production naturally decreases, leading to volume loss and the formation of wrinkles and folds.
When Sculptra is injected into the skin, it triggers a mild inflammatory response. This response prompts the body to produce new collagen, gradually replenishing lost volume and improving skin texture. Over time, the newly formed collagen fills in wrinkles, restores volume, and improves overall skin quality.
Here are 5 reasons why we love using Sculptra:
- Collagen Stimulation: Sculptra stimulates collagen production in the skin, which helps to restore lost volume and improve skin texture. The increased collagen production leads to a gradual and natural- looking improvement in the treated areas.
- Natural volume: Sculptra is commonly used to address facial fat loss or lipoatrophy, which can result in sunken or hollow appearance. It restores volume to these areas, such as the cheeks and temples, resulting in a fuller and more youthful contour.
- Long-lasting results: While individual results may vary, the effects of Sculptra can last up to two years or more.
- Gradual and subtle improvements: Sculptra’s results develop gradually over a series of treatments. This allows for a more subtle and natural transformations, as the finished results are not immediately noticeable. The gradual improvement is particularly beneficial for those who prefer a more discreet alteration.
- Versatility: Sculptra can be used to address various facial concerns, including deep folds, wrinkles, and sagging skin. Sculptra is also great for treating other areas of the body, such as, the neck, hands, chest, and even the buttocks!
Sculptra is typically administered in a series of treatment sessions, usually spaced several weeks apart. The number of sessions required varies depending on individual factors and desired results.
Want to know more? Call our office at (520) 618-0232 to schedule a complimentary consultation.