A-listers in Hollywood are using Radio-frequency micro-needling to keep their skin youthful. It has become a very popular treatment, and even the two renowned plastic surgeons from 'Botched' use this treatment. In their clinic NassifMD, they use a device called Skinfinity.
- Skinfinity: a radio-frequency micro-needling device, which includes two tips, a roller tip and a stamping tip
- Roller tip rolls over our skin, generating micro channels, as well as heating properties; combined they induce collagen growth.
- eTwo: is a sublative and a sublime device
- Sublative: is a micro-needling radio-frequency device, includes two tips; standard and high density which can be used on the face, hands, arms, and other parts of our body as well.
- Sublime: is a non-invasive wrinkle treatment, uses bi-polar radiofrequency combined with infrared treatment, which can treat various skin conditions.
Can help Treat:
- Aging- helps reduce wrinkles by skin tightening
- Acne scars
- Axillary hyperhidrosis
- Stretch marks
- Hair thinning/ alopecia
- Rosacea/ postinflammatory erythema
Dr. Hu's extra boost:
I like to combine these treatments with PRP. My favorite is the PRP Eclipse harvest system. When combined and centrifuged, it should have a gel separation between the RBC & Granulocytes and the Platelet-Rich Plasma. The platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is what is used for the treatment.
- It is safe.
- Micro-needling skin rejuvenation is improved using Radio-frequency.
- Multiple studies support minimal risks even on dark skin types.
- RFM has been used to treat acne scarring successfully as well as skin laxity and hyperhidrosis.