Post Procedure Aftercare
- Intense Burning, redness, warmth, and sunburned sensation is a normal response following a laser procedure. Following our procedure mild redness is normal and generally last 1-2 hours. Cool skim milk compresses with a damp soft cloth for 10-20 minutes at a time may help relieve the temporary discomfort. Compresses can be done up to four times a day.
- Benadryl can be taken to reduce swelling.
- Post laser gel can be used four times a day or as needed.
- Patients who have received Hyfrecator treatment please use Vaseline or Aquaphor twice a day for one week.
- Within 24-48 hours the redness will have significantly improved if not completely gone away. The day after your treatment your skin will feel tight and maybe itchy. Peeling or flaking will start on the second or third day following your treatment. NO MATTER HOW TEMPTING, DO NOT PICK OR SCRUB YOUR SKIN. Let the peeling and flaking occur naturally over the course of 7-10 days.
- Aerobic exercise, sauna, hot tubs should be avoided for the first day.
- Avoid facial waxing for one week after your procedure to avoid damaged skin.
- Avoid use of topical skin care products containing Retin-A, retinol, glycolic acid, salicylic acid for one week.
- Do not use a Clarisonic brush and Nu Face for 3 days after procedure.
- Makeup can be used the next day. Caution should be used when applying and removing makeup. The treated area may be delicate and should be treated with care.
- Some patient will wake up with facial swelling, particularly around the eyes for several days following the procedure. This is normal and usually resolves within 3-5 days. You may to sleep upright the first night after procedure to avoid swelling.
- PROLONGED SUN EXPOSURE IS TO BE AVOIDED FOR 4 WEEKS BEFORE AND AFTER TREATMENT. A total sunblock containing zinc or titanium dioxide should be applied daily if you are in the sun. If further treatments are needed a commitment to stay out of the sun is necessary. Sun exposure may cause certain compilations such as permanent discoloration.
- PRP/Micropen- NO hair dye for one week, NO washing the treated area until next morning.
- Please contact us immediately if you develop a cold sore. For patients who have a history of frequent cold sores, you should be taking an anti-viral medication such as acyclovir for 5 days after the laser peel.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at 520.618.0232 and please ask to speak with your technician.
2732 North Alvernon Way
Tucson, AZ 85712